Questions & Answers
- When is your paper published?
Every Tuesday and Thursday. It should be readily available to the public by Tuesday and Thursday afternoons.
- When is the online version of the paper published?
The publication of the entire online edition is usually complete by Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
- Why aren't all of the photos on the online edition color? Why are there black and white photos?
The online edition comes directly from the source that produces the printed edition. Because many of the photos in the printed edition are black and white, the photos on the online edition are often black and white also.
- What parts of the paper do you put online?
Not all of these sections above can be found on the web in their entirety. For example, only half of the sports page from the printed edition may make it online in a given week.
- I'm looking for something that published in the Sun Advocate before 2001, and cannot find it on your website. Why isn't it there?
Our online archives contain publications from the middle of 2001 to the present. Other in-office archives have similar timeframes.
Those looking for information in old publications (particularly more than 5 or 6 years old) may want to check the University of Utah Digital Newspapers site (which contains many old newspaper publications online) or contact the College of Eastern Utah library. Their archives of the Sun Advocate go back decades, but are not available online.
- Where are the jail bookings, sheriff's report, court news, etc?
Due to the liability that the paper and the web site must share, we do not (and will not) publish the jail bookings, court news or the sheriff's report on the web site.
- I have a letter to the editor that I want to submit. How can I get in touch with the person in charge?
Send your letter to Lynnda Johnson. Please add the phrase "Letter to the Editor" in the subject line, and do not forget to include your name, address, and phone so it can be published. You may also use our easy to use contact form to send it via email by clicking here.
- My newspaper has not arrived.
Please contact Darla at the Sun Advocate, (888) 637-0732 (toll-free) between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:00 pm.
- How can I change my subscription information?
Our circulation department will be glad to help you change your information. E-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org for service.
- Where did all the old articles in your online archive go?
In December of 2001, we changed our online archiving system. Unfortunately, the old articles (published prior to August 15, 2001) were not compatible with the new system. As a result, they are currently unavailable.