Print Page


Rescue workers respond to house fire south of Price


Firefighter Tad Fausett, aided by a fellow emergency worker, holds his oxygen mask for a cat rescued from a burning house on Feb. 25. After the feline began breathing regularly, a worker from Carbon County Animal Shelter arrived to take the cat to the facility. The fire at the residence of Madge Mangus reportedly started when oil splashed onto a hot burner of the stove in the kitchen. The grease fire spread to the cupboards above the stove, filling the home with smoke. Firefighters and other emergency personnel responded to the scene, where Fausett and Sid Larson extinguished the flames and rescued the cat. When firefighters left the scene of the incident, one cat was still missing.





Print Page