Gasoline fed the flames so Price fire fighters used foam to put down the blaze.
A fire broke out inside the Grako's American Car Care Center, 280 Main Street in Price Monday evening causing thousands of dollars in damage.
Price City fire crews responded to the fire around 6:45 p.m. after a passerby noticed smoke and flames coming from the building and called 911.
According to Paul Bedont, Price City fire chief, a Nissan Maxima inside the building caught fire. The vehicle was also leaking gasoline that began burning on the floor of the building, he said.
No one was present in the building at the time of the fire as it occurred after business hours.
The inside of the building became so hot that lighting structures on the ceiling went out. There was also other damage from the fire. The Nissan was destroyed.
The fire was put out after about 30 minutes of arriving at the scene, Bedont said, as fire crews cautiously moved through the building.
With gasoline helping to fuel the fire, firefighters used foam to put it out.
Bedont estimated that the damages could be anywhere from $60,000 to $100,000.
Traffic along Main Street was diverted away from the building. At 7:30 p.m. fire fighters could be seen using spotlights to check areas inside the building as the smell of burnt materials permeated the air.
Firefighters were on scene at Grako's until about 10:30 p.m., Bedont said.
The exact cause of the fire is still under investigation by the State Fire Marshal's Office.