Price blaze is an uphill battle, but fire fighters win
Runaway embers from a small welding project brought out the Price Fire Department this past Saturday as a small brush fire caused major smoke issues above Pioneer Park.
Runaway embers from a small welding project brought out the Price Fire Department this past Saturday as a small brush fire caused major smoke issues above Pioneer Park. According to Price Fire Chief Paul Bedont, the fire, which took place on the Moynier's property just above Park Drive in Price at 11 a.m., was easy enough to subdue but had him worried for a couple of reasons. "That particular residence has a cedar shake roof which can ignite very easily, that coupled with the fact that it is very difficult to get equipment up on the hill had me a little nervous," explained Bedont. Despite the tight terrain, a Price city fire engine and brush truck were able to access the location just after 11 a.m. and put down the brush fire in less than an hour. Chief Bedont asked all Carbon residents to use caution as fire season has begun in Carbon County. "Please use caution this summer," he said. "These new fireworks we are seeing are not toys. They have the capacity to cause some major damage and we would like everyone to be careful and obey the law while recreating this summer."