Print Page


Wellington emergency personel respond to a Carbon Monoxide alarm on U.S. 6

Wellington officials check the premises of a home along U.S. Highway 6 for Carbon Monoxide levels.

Wellington officials check the premises of a home along U.S. Highway 6 for Carbon Monoxide levels. The colorless, orderless tasteless toxic gas can be fatal. CO is caused by the incomplete combustion of Carbon fuels such as natural gas. According to Wellington Police Sgt. Kelly Maynes it is vital that all residents check the batteries within the CO and smoke detectors as winter approaches. He also warned that if the alarm is ever sounded residents should leave their homes immediately because of the gas's extreme danger.




Print Page