Firefighters inspect the roof of a residence after lightning struck an adjacent power pole. When the lightning hit the pole, the neutral wire connection to the home was connected to a live wire, causing the wiring throughout the home to become quite hot, said Price Fire Chief Paul Bedont. The fire reportedly caused some charring in the home, with little to no structural damage. However, the home will likely require all wiring to be replaced. Further, any appliances plugged in or turned on at the time could have sustained similar damage.