Classifieds Business Directory Jobs Real Estate Autos Legal Notices ePubs Subscribe Archives
Today is October 23, 2014
home newssports feature opinion fyi society obits multimedia

Front Page » February 15, 2005 » Local News » Electrical fire forces employees to evacuate building, cl...
Published 3,537 days ago

Electrical fire forces employees to evacuate building, closes workforce services offices


Print PageEmail PageShareGet Reprints


Emergency personnel assist at the scene of a fire at the Utah Department of Workforce Services in Price on Feb. 10. An electrical fire in the basement of the building forced employees from the offices Wednesday afternoon. Employees in the building at the time said they had been experiencing electrical problems during the day. Around 4 p.m., witnesses reportedly heard popping and banging noises, the building lost power and smoke began leaking from an electrical panel, triggering a fire alarm. The incident caused power outages in other areas of the city. Utah Power isolated the problem and disconnected the building from the electrical grid. Power was subsequently restored. The DWS employees were sent home early on Wednesday and were unable to return to work until Friday.


Print PageEmail PageShareGet Reprints


Top of Page


 
Local News  
February 15, 2005
Recent Local News
Quick Links
Subscribe via RSS
Related Articles  
Related Stories



Best viewed with Firefox
Get Firefox

© Sun Advocate, 2000-2013. All rights reserved. All material found on this website, unless otherwise specified, is copyright and may not be reproduced without the explicit written permission from the publisher of the Sun Advocate.
Legal Notices & Terms of Use    Privacy Policy    Advertising Info    FAQ    Contact Us
  RSS Feeds    News on Your Site    Staff Information    Submitting Content    About Us