Fire erupts last Friday, recurring blaze Saturday destroys mobile home in Price
Firemen battle a stubborn blaze at a home in the 600 West block of northwest Price last Friday morning.
The fire apparently started when the renter of the home put a pan on the stove to cook some eggs and the grease in the pan erupted into flames quickly moved from there up the wall.
Fire fighters were alerted to the incident at about 9 a.m. on April 5 and the first of three units arrived three minutes later. According to Price Fire Chief Kent Boyack, the initial blaze was put out later that morning. But the fire later re-erupted at approximately midnight and also damaged the home next door. Fire fighters were on the scene until 4 a.m. on Saturday battling the second blaze.
Boyack indicated that the home, owned by Richard Rudman, sustained about $30,000 in damage.
No major injuries occurred during the two related incidents, but the occupant of the mobile home sustained minor burns. Later that evening, one of the fire fighters arriving at the scene burned his hand.