|Published 295 days ago|
Carbonville fire probably started by kids
Price City fire fighters douse and smother a grass fire on the west edge of the Pilling's Trailer Park Monday. According to Price Fire Chief Paul Bedont, the blaze was most likely set by playing children, a yearly problem along the "river bottom" area. It took more than two hours to eliminate the flames and hot spots. The fire burned to within 10 feet of homes in the park. Bedont cautioned all residents, young and old, to be careful with fireworks during the holiday. "Careful attention and safe practices this year could mean we continue to have fireworks in the city," said the chief. "But with dry conditions, careless acts could lead to a ban next year and that's something none of us want."
|Related Articles |
Best viewed with Firefox