Classifieds Business Directory Jobs Real Estate Autos Legal Notices ePubs Subscribe Archives
Today is October 1, 2014
home newssports feature opinion fyi society obits multimedia

Front Page » April 30, 2013 » Carbon County News » Kitchen fire quickly extinguished
Published 519 days ago

Kitchen fire quickly extinguished


Print PageEmail PageShareGet Reprints

Members of the East Carbon/Sunnyside Fire Department work to clear a smoke filled apartment at Whitmore Squares in East Carbon. Fire officials were dispatched to the apartment of Lois Stubbs just after 1:30 p.m. Saturday afternoon to battle what was reported as a "small kitchen fire." One of the burners in the apartment's kitchen reportedly caught fire when grease was ignited on the range. Stubbs as well as her neighbors were led to safety as fire officials arrived and put down the blaze. According to those on scene, the fire was put out quickly with large amounts of smoke causing the only real damage. Fire officials cautioned residents to be mindful of grease build up around burners as the substance is highly flammable and often difficult to put out.

Print PageEmail PageShareGet Reprints


Top of Page


 
Article Photos  
Browse / enlarge – (1 total)
Print photo(s) with article
Get photo reprints on CD
NOTE: To print only the article and included photos, use the print photo(s) with article link above.
Carbon County News  
April 30, 2013
Recent Local News
Quick Links
Subscribe via RSS
Related Articles  
Related Stories



Best viewed with Firefox
Get Firefox

© Sun Advocate, 2000-2013. All rights reserved. All material found on this website, unless otherwise specified, is copyright and may not be reproduced without the explicit written permission from the publisher of the Sun Advocate.
Legal Notices & Terms of Use    Privacy Policy    Advertising Info    FAQ    Contact Us
  RSS Feeds    News on Your Site    Staff Information    Submitting Content    About Us