BLM offices offer interagency passes for public land use
The Bureau of Land Management Price and Vernal Field Offices are selling the America the Beautiful Interagency Pass.
The pass combines the benefits of existing recreation passes from five federal agencies into one comprehensive pass, the "America the Beautiful - National Parks and Federal Recreation Lands Pass."
The pass covers recreational opportunities managed by the four Department of the Interior agencies - the BLM, National Park Service, Fish & Wildlife Service, Bureau of Reclamation, along with the Department of Agriculture agency - the U.S. Forest Service.
The five different passes in the interagency program are:
1. An annual interagency pass costing $80.00 - for visitors to multiple federal sites, the pass offers unlimited overage of entrance and standard amenity recreation fees for a specific period of time, typically a year, beginning from the date of first use.
2. A $10 lifetime senior pass for U.S. citizens 62 or over;
3. A free lifetime access pass for citizens with permanent disabilities
4. An annual volunteer pass for volunteers acquiring 500 hours of services on a cumulative basis
5. An annual military pass available free to U.S. military members and their dependents in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Coast Guard, as well as most members of the U.S. Reserves and National Guard. You must present proper military ID. Dependents of deployed military members may obtain a pass with presentation of DOD Form 1173.
The senior pass replaces the Golden Eagle, Golden Age, Golden Access Passports as well as the National Parks Pass. Existing passes will remain valid until expired, lost or stolen. Or, if your paper Golden Age or Golden Access Passport has become worn, bring your old pass to the local BLM office for a free America the Beautiful pass replacement. There are decals available for motorcycles as well.
The pass offers a cost-effective and easy option for those who plan to visit multiple federal recreation sites. Visitors can now travel from a site managed by the Department of Interior to a site managed by the Department of Agriculture without getting a different pass. Annual interagency pass revenue will benefit public lands by providing funds for maintenance, new visitor services, and programs.
The passes are available at the BLM Price Office at 125 South 600 West, and the Vernal Office at 170 South 500 East.