Classifieds Business Directory Jobs Real Estate Autos Legal Notices ePubs Subscribe Archives
Today is September 5, 2015
home news sports feature opinionfyi society obits multimedia

Front Page » November 6, 2007 » Opinion » Letter to the Editor: Radon dangerous to home dwellers
Published 2,860 days ago

Letter to the Editor: Radon dangerous to home dwellers

Print PageEmail PageShareGet Reprints

Salt Lake City


On Sunday night Extreme Makeover: Home Edition featured the Miller family from Wyoming, the Radon problem in their home, and how to eliminate it. In the show they blew up the house with explosives.

Utah has many of the same Radon problems as Wyoming and people ask many questions. It can be confusing.

Radon is invisible, tasteless, and odorless. The only way to know if you have a problem is to test. At there are tests for $10 to let you know if you need to fix the problem.

Radon causes non-smoking lung cancer and is responsible for 12 percent of all lung cancers. Though all cancers are unfortunate, some citizens feel like lung cancer is something someone deserve, since people who smoke understand choice and accountability. The thinking is that, after all, they chose to smoke

Radon causes lung cancer in people who have never smoked. If you are buying or selling a home, absolutely include a Radon test as part of the home inspection test. Radon Educated Realtors can be found at, along with a host of other information.

Print PageEmail PageShareGet Reprints

Top of Page

November 6, 2007
Recent Opinion
Quick Links
Subscribe via RSS
Related Articles  
Related Stories

Best viewed with Firefox
Get Firefox

© Sun Advocate, 2000-2013. All rights reserved. All material found on this website, unless otherwise specified, is copyright and may not be reproduced without the explicit written permission from the publisher of the Sun Advocate.
Legal Notices & Terms of Use    Privacy Policy    Advertising Info    FAQ    Contact Us
  RSS Feeds    News on Your Site    Staff Information    Submitting Content    About Us