|Published 2,760 days ago|
Emergency crews respond to blaze at fellow firefighter's home
Cody Valdez, training officer for East Carbon City's fire department, disconnects a water hose after responding to an emergency situation on Monday night. Crews responded to a house fire at the home of one of the city's firefighters slightly before 6 p.m. on Jan. 9. East Carbon Chief Darrell Valdez said the fire started on the stove and most of the damage was contained to the kitchen and front room, with smoke damage elsewhere on the main floor. The fire chief indicated that the basement appears to have been largely unaffected. Valdez added that the mother of the household reportedly attempted to extinguish the fire using a fire extinguisher which failed. The fire chief emphasized the importance of checking fire extinguishers at least once a year and smoke detectors at least every six months.
|Related Articles |
Best viewed with Firefox